Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.
Imagine that you are working on a program for the purchase of (if government) or the sale of (if contractor) the installation of security fencing around the base of towers along the Arizona-Mexico border that are used for long-range cameras. The cost of the project is one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000). Your boss has asked you to create a portion of the main contract for a small business set- aside contract.
Write a six to eight (6-8) contract proposal in which you:
- Examine the purpose of the federal small business program to include a historical aspect of the government regulations that created the program.
- Evaluate the small business set-aside program in regard to the eligibility to participate.
- Assess the dollar threshold reserved for small business contracts in the scenario.
- Analyze the contract formats for government contracts to include universal and commercial formats. Determine which format to use for the small business contract described in the scenario.
- Determine the purpose of the source selection evaluation plan.
- Create ranking of criteria for evaluation plans for this scenario.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concepts of the federal small business program and apply the contract format.
- From a contractor’s perspective, synthesize actions to make the decision to respond and bid on an RFP.
- Apply the considerations for effective source selection and technical evaluation plans, and develop actions to complete the legal review during the solicitation phase.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in government acquisition.
- Write clearly and concisely about government acquisition using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.
Dr. Vic’s Tips!
Write a six to eight (6-8) pages on a contract proposal in which you:
1. Examine the purpose of the federal small business program to include a historical aspect of the government regulations that created the program. (Dr. Vic’s Tips, here you will want to conduct external research along with reviewing Chapter 8 of Compton in its entirety. You probably want to spend at least one page on this question).
2. Evaluate the small business set-aside program in regard to the eligibility to participate. (Dr. Vic’s Tips, you will recall from Week 4 DB 1, we reviewed government small business set aside programs – you will want to revisit that information with a particular emphasis on eligibility. You will want to review Compton Ch. 8 and specifically p.p. 88-91 on set-asides.
3. Assess the dollar threshold reserved for small business contracts in the scenario. (Dr. Vic’s Tips: Here you will want to review Week 4 again, DB1 information and again, Compton Ch. 8 information, along with any external information you may have used in Week 4 DB1).
4. Analyze the contract formats for government contracts to include uniform and commercial formats. Determine which format to use for the small business contract described in the scenario. (Dr. Vic’s Tips: given the assignment scenario and the role you choose, for this assignment, please discuss UNIFORM and COMMERCIAL formats, what do they include and how might they be different. Then determine what the best contract format for the assignment scenario is in your opinion. Please review Ch. 9 of Compton for information relevant to both uniform [UCF] and commercial formats, and p.p. 248-249 of Feldman).
5. Determine the purpose of the source selection evaluation plan (Dr. Vic’s Tips: This portion deals with Compton, Ch. 10 and FAR 15.3, you will also want to review your response to Week 5 DB1).
6. Create ranking of criteria for evaluation plans for this scenario. (Dr. Vic’s Tips: please review the section entitled, RANKING OF CRITERIA on p.p. 126-131 of Compton Ch. 10 for information relevant for this question).
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"