Weekly discussions must be completed on time and written in APA rules.
What are industrial control systems (ICS)? How can you Protect Critical Infrastructure from insider threats? Tell us about five different critical infrastructures. How are they at risk? How can you protect the five infrastructures you picked? Please provide at least two references to support your answers
Managing Risk: Tools and Methodologies; Assessment and Countermeasures Critical Infrastructure Sectors Transportation and Water and Wastewater Systems
Embedded in much of your readings about the various CIKR sectors is the continuing issue of risk. It is an everyday occurrence and we get it in many forms, uses, and contexts. As homeland security professionals and as members of the concerned public trying to keep up with current events, you cannot assume you fully understand a topic as serious as this one without something more than a dictionary definition of the word. Floods, fires, storms, tornadoes, and other forms of natural disasters, as well as those created by mankind, all create huge risks for us. Now you are beginning to understand how risk, threat, and warning are an important part of our lives.
This week we are going to focus on managing risk. To manage risk, you first have to know how to access risk, and how it is important to think intuitively about the countermeasures (mitigation) that are important to the viability, durability, and resilience of our infrastructure. Recent events have shown how vulnerable our infrastructure is, but it has also shown what happens in other areas (like Puerto Rico) that’s infrastructure is fragile and where it takes many months and a significant amount of money to rebuild roads, bridges, and electrical systems. Though the Minneapolis Bridge collapse happened 10 years ago, it is a good example of how fragile some of our bridges are in our transportation infrastructure. We will also be looking at another sector, water and wastewater.
Read in the classroom:
- Minetree, P. (2017, December 27) Risk.
- 2017 Infrastructure Report Card: Charts, Facts & Figures https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/the-impact/charts-facts-figures/
- States with the riskiest roads, bridges and dams https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2017/10/26/infrastructure-failure-states-falling-apart/797300001/
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure from Insider Threats http://icitech.org/how-to-protect-critical-infrastructure-from-insider-threats/
- Attacks Targeting Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Up 110 Percent https://securityintelligence.com/attacks-targeting-industrial-control-systems-ics-up-110-percent/
- NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cyberframework/cybersecurity-framework-021214.pdf
- Identifying Infrastructure at Risk – Pt 3 of 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqncDWtS4qc
- Transportation Systems Sector
- Bridges, Roads, Aviation, and Transit/Ports, Inland Waterways & Rail (video) https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/making-the-grade/making-the-grade-videos/
- DHS Critical Infrastructure Sector – Transportation Systems https://www.dhs.gov/transportation-systems-sector
- DHS Transportation Systems Sector-Specific Plan https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/nipp-ssp-transportation-systems-2015-508.pdf
- Minneapolis Bridge Collapse http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/aug-2007-minneapolis-bridge-collapse-10540285
- Water and Wastewater Systems Sector
- Wastewater & Drinking Water (video) https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/making-the-grade/making-the-grade-videos/
- DHS Critical Infrastructure Sector – Water and Wastewater Systems Sector https://www.dhs.gov/water-and-wastewater-systems-sector
- DHS Water and Wastewater Systems Sector Specific Plan – 2015 https://www.dhs.gov/publication/nipp-ssp-water-2015
- S. 2848 (114th): Water Resources Development Act of 2016 https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s2848/summary and Hill Panels Gearing Up for 2018 Water-Resources Bill https://www.enr.com/articles/43773-hill-panels-gearing-up-for-2018-water-resources-bill
- Protecting Vital Water Infrastructure https://www.csoonline.com/article/3190651/critical-infrastructure/protecting-vital-water-infrastructure.html
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"