Harlem Stride and Boogie Woogie Worksheet:
1. Describe the Harlem stride piano technique (method).
2. What is a rent party? What does that have to do with Harlem Stride piano players?
3. What is a “cutting contest”?
4. List the four stride pianists offered in the reading.
5. Who was Art Tatum? What makes him special and important in jazz and piano?
6. Where is boogie woogie piano said to evolve from?
7. Name four “boogie woogie” pianists that were presented in the reading?
8. Who is often called the “father of boogie woogie piano”?
9. How is the boogie woogie style of piano playing different from the Harlem stride style? Briefly describe the method of each style.
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"