The discovery of America, and that of the passage to the East Indies by the Cape of Good Hope, are the two greatest events recorded in the history of [human] kind”—Adam Smith, in The Wealth of Nations, 1776. Think about why he and many other notables supported this statement, especially concerning the discovery of America. What was so important about this New World across the Atlantic Ocean from Europe? How did it change globalization in terms of trade, culture, societies, innovations, old and new world exchanges, and in other ways?
Part 1:1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
- State your thesis on how the discovery of America changed the world. Justify your response.
For the first part of this assignment, you will create a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself.
Part 2:For the next part of this assignment, you will create an outline of the main points you want to address in this paper. This outline will serve as the basis for your Assignment 1.2 Final Draft.
2. Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
- Determine three (3) major aspects that demonstrate Old and New World exchanges.
- List five (5) specific groups that were affected by this event. Provide two (2) examples for each cohort describing how they were affected.
- List five (5) ways that the creation of new global trade routes affected the occupations and lifestyles of the average working American in the colonies.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include page numbers. Use 1-inch margins. Use numerals (1, 2, 3, and so on) or spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on). Double space body text in the assignment. Use consistent 12-point font. Use section headings to divide separate content areas. Center the section headings on the page, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the assignment. Include the assignment title, your name, course title, your professor’s name, and the date of submission on a separate page (first page of submission).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the main factors that led to America’s early development.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in American History to 1865.
- Write clearly and concisely about American History to 1865 using proper writing mechanics.
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"