Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 06/10/20 at 8pm.
Discussion – Week 1
Top of Form
Social Change Portfolio: Part 1: Scope and Consequences
As you begin to develop your portfolio addressing a social change issue, you will have opportunities throughout the term to use the Discussion boards to share your progress with your colleagues. These forums allow your peers to provide consultative feedback to you, and for you to offer your perspective to them. For this Discussion and others in this course, you are asked to address specific points and to respond to your peers in specific ways. Your experience with these Discussions contributes to your understanding of consultation and to your skills as a practitioner.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week as they relate to the scope and consequences of an identified problem in communities.
- Create a section in your Social Change Portfolio called “Introduction,” and provide an introductory paragraph about your Social Change Portfolio.
- Create a section in your Social Change Portfolio called “Scope and Consequences” and include the following information:
- The target problem you identified within your community. Select only one problem. This needs to be a public health/mental health problem that can be addressed through prevention. (In Waco, TX there is a lack of resources in the black community that help those with mental health problems or you can talk about the lack of things available to help keep kids off the streets leaning to violence)
- Describe the scope of the problem, such as the prevalence rates in your community, how those rates compare to national averages, and information about trends. Focus on local trends if available but if local data is not available, then describe national trends. For your project, trends refer to whether rates are increasing or decreasing or if there are other changes in the problem over time.
- Describe the consequences of this problem in your community including physical health consequences, mental health consequences, social/educational/family consequences, and economic consequences.
- Provide a one-sentence goal statement for your Social Change Portfolio.
Note: For the purposes of this course, your focus is to develop a plan, but not to actually implement the project. In goal setting, consider what is truly achievable. A vast goal such as, “eliminate teen substance abuse in my community,” is unrealistic.
Instead, a goal such as “increase awareness of teen substance abuse and identify resources and a plan to reduce teen substance abuse” is more realistic.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Walden University (2016). Scholars of Change: Building a bridge from homeless-to-housed. Retrieved from https://www.waldenu.edu/connect/video-and-multimedia/social-change/scholars-of-change/2016-winners/building-a-bridge-from-homeless-to-housed.
CDC.gov (n.d.). Creating a health profile of your neighborhood: A how-to guide. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/healthyplaces/toolkit/sources_of_health_data.pdf.
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps (2018). How healthy is your community? Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Retrieved from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/.
Laureate International Universities (2018). Educating Uganda’s Future Community Leaders. Retrieved from http://laureatehereforgood.net/HFG-in-action/educating-ugandas-future-community-leaders/
U.S. National Library of Medicine (2018). Health data tools and statistics. Retrieved from https://phpartners.org/health_stats.html.
Document: Social Change Prevention Portfolio (Word document)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018). Assessing your instructor feedback [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this video is 4 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"