Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is for students to express a matter of concern to their elected US representative(s).
Assignment Description and Overview
In this assignment, students will compose and send an email to their elected representative(s) about the students’ concerns or positive comments they have about their government’s actions or lack of actions.
1. Find your local U.S. Representative. Go to the webpage found at: www.house.gov (For those of you who live in the Midland/Odessa area, your representative is Mike Conaway.) If you are not sure who is your representative, enter your zip code in the upper-right-hand corner of that page, and then find your representative.
2. Go to the representative’s congressional webpage.
3. Pick a topic that is of national concern and that is of particular concern to you. E.g., taxes and spending, national security, immigration, the environment, energy issues, banking, health care, etc.
4. Give a specific suggestion for what course of action you believe your representative should take, or, commend him or her for an action already taken.
5. Attach your letter as a submission here.
- Please be sure to use good English, with proper spelling and punctuation. While you are free to write whatever you want, please be respectful of the office that these representatives hold, and use appropriate language.
- This assignment must be completed and submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on the Unit due date found in the Course Schedule.
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"