you will complete the first step towards completing your researched argument, the final essay for this course. To begin, we will complete a reading, analyze it, and begin thinking about what you can write on for this class.The final paper, due in Week 4, requires Keiser database research, APA format, and 1200-1350 words. It may seem a daunting task but step by step, week by week, you will be guided through the process and can achieve success.
Below is a list of essays that serve as the beginning point for your final essay. Now, you can change your topic later on if you need, but you are strongly recommended to stick to the topic you pick now.Begin by reviewing the following articles, which relate to many of the majors Keiser University students are pursuing. However, you do not have to select the reading that is most relevant to your major. You are free to select any of the six.
- (General Education) Rose, M. “What college can mean to the other America” pp. 194-197
- (Business Related Fields) Gates Jr., H.L. “Delusions of grandeur” pp. 381-384
- (Health, Sports, Psychology) Bordo, S. “The globalization of eating disorders” pp. 639-643
- (Criminal Justice, Homeland Security) Chua, A. “The right road to America?” pp. 335-340
- (Information Technology) Turkle, S. “How computers change the way we think” pp. 721-727
- (Nature and the Environment) Diamond, J. “The last Americans: Environmental collapse and the end of civilization” pp. 684-701
After you review the six articles, select one, then answer the following questions in a total of 600+ words.
- What is the author’s thesis? What is he or she arguing? What are his or her major points in the essay? Finally, what do you think is the implications of the author’s argument? Meaning, how does the author want this piece to affect readers or even society? Review the above video for guidance.
- Consider the strategy the author uses to make the argument. What rhetorical modes or strategies are being most used in this argument? Provide evidence from the text. Remember, an author may use more than one rhetorical mode!
- What are your initial reactions to the essay? Consider questions such as whether you agree with the author or not, who the essay benefits most from the author’s argument, your personal experiences with the issues in the essay, and what questions come to your mind as you read the article. These questions may become the topic for your major researched argumentative essay in this course.
TIP: Respond to each question in its own paragraph. Be sure to quote and cite from the reading in APA. Also, have proper APA citations and references. Click here for help. Hint: You are using a “Chapter or Article in an Edited Book.”
- In this assignment, you will showcase what you have reviewed and learned to this point.
- Focus on analyzing the reading and exploring a possible research question based on your work this week.
- Answer each question in a paragraph of 200-250 words for a total of a minimum for a total of 600+ words.
- Use quotes, paraphrasing, and summarizing in your essay. Practice APA citing, too. No more than 20% of your essay should be source material.
- Use proper APA format. Be sure to include an APA reference for your selected reading. Review this video if you need assistance setting up a paper for APA 7.
- The textbook reading must be used in your assignment. No other sources should be used.
- Use a standard APA font, 12-point font only.
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"