Please read all the information on the attachment files to find the answer to the questions.
New Orleans to Chicago Worksheet
1. 1. In what ways did early jazz bands differ from their Ragtime, Brass band and Blues predecessors? (List was given)
2. What instruments make up a typical traditional New Orleans jazz band (Dixieland band) and describe the basic job of each instrument, or section, of a traditional New Orleans jazz band. (Actually the player of each instrument…but you know what I mean. J)
3. The first “jazz” recording was made by what band and in what year?
4. What was “The Great Migration”?
5. When was the 18th Amendment to the U.S. constitution, alcohol prohibition, enacted?
6. What instrument did Jelly Roll Morton play and list two things that make him important to jazz history.
7. Who was King Oliver? What were two things that made him important?
8. List the seven of Louis Armstrong’s contributions to jazz, as given in the reading, and what were some of his nicknames?
9. What instrument did Bix Beiderbecke play and what qualities make him stand out?
10. Describe “City Blues” and name at least one prominent performer. How is it different from the “Delta Blues”?
"WE'VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH HOMEWORK WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT"